Survival of the Fattest/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Survival of the Fattest, or pages that link to Survival of the Fattest or to this page or whose text .
- Book : A bound set of sheets containing written or printed materials, or space for such.
- Stephen C. Cunnane : Canadian physiologist and biophysist published widely on mammalian brain development, and the processes of ageing.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- Human evolution : The study of the physical and behavioral genetic adaptations of the species belonging to the subfamily hominidae.
- Fat : Adipose tissue; the body's main store of energy.
- Nutrition : The study of foods and nutrients and their effects on health, growth and development of any individual.
- Obesity : Excessive stores of body fat.
- Metabolism : The modification of chemical substances by living organisms.
- Human biology : Interdisciplinary academic field of biology, biological anthropology, nutrition and medicine which focuses on humans.
- Human physiology : Science of the workings of the human body and its component parts, at many levels and modes of scientific investigation and at many levels in the heirarchy of the human body’s complex and changing organization.
- Biophysics : The study of forces and energies in biological systems.
- Physiology : The study of the mechanical, physical, and biochemical functions of tissues and how they interact.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Brain development : The build-up of the brain from ectodermal cells to a complex structure of neurons, glia and blood vessels.
- Brain evolution : The process by which the central nervous system changed over many generations.
- Brain morphometry : The quantitative study of structures in the brain, their differences between individuals, correlations with brain function, and changes of these characteristics over time.
- Brain size : Umbrella term for various measures of how big a brain is.
- Evolutionary fitness : Add brief definition or description
- Schizophrenia : A mental disorder characterized by impaired perception of the individual's environment.
- Neurophysiology : The branch of physiology that studies the functions of the nervous system.
- Biological Anthroplogy : Add brief definition or description
- Paleoanthropology : The branch of physical anthropology that focuses on the study of human evolution, tracing the anatomic, behavioral and genetic linkages of our ancient, usually bipedal, ancestors.
- Paleoecology : Add brief definition or description