To contact staff off-site, please use the enquiry form (Google Account required).
Memberships, and Assistant Editor-in-Chief
- List of CZ Authors (4,649)
- Active Users (manual list; last updated 27-02-2022)
Editors (recognised experts)
- List of CZ Editors (9)
- Pat Palmer (since June 23rd, 2020)
- Greg Sabino Mullane (reappointed March 27th, 2015)
- John Stephenson (fills all the empty spaces that no one else is filling)
- Sergei Chekanov (migrating us to newer software in 2022)
Former tech staff:
- Joshua Sadule (in 2020 if not earlier; on the server side of things; exited Mar. 2022)
- Francisco Reyes (since March 27th, 2015; exited Mar. 2022; still advises some)
- Treasurer: Mark Widmer
- Lists of members with technical privileges: 'administrators' and 'bureaucrats'
About our staff
The Citizendium is run by a collection of volunteers. Pat Palmer and User:John Stephenson are working with an Advisory Team on policy, goals and membership. John Stephenson is handling new account requests, and User:Sergei Chekanov upgraded the software in March 2022; at the same time as the software upgrade, hardware was also upgraded to include SSD drives and a faster processor.
Until 2021, Francisco Reyes and Joshua Sadule worked (along with occasional assistance from others) towards upgrading the server and outdated wiki software, and generously handled many repairs and backups.
In 2020, domain ownership was transferred to Pat Palmer, who expects to continue operating the wiki with a high degree of transparency, with gratitude to all the volunteers helping keep things going.
New volunteers are welcome! Let us know if you'd like to become involved.
Contributors are not paid for writing articles and we have no plans to allow that. The wiki is also free to use and all our articles are available under a free license. We rely entirely on donations from our volunteers and supporters.
In terms of work on the project itself, Larry Sanger, Jason Potkanski, and one other programmer are the only persons who have been compensated, and that was more than a decade ago. At the moment, no-one is receiving anything for their work. The Citizendium was a project of the Tides Center until 2010, but is operationally independent now.