(Redirected from Tennessee)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tennessee (U.S. state): medium-sized, landlocked state in southeast U.S.; became a state in 1796 and rebelled during the civil war (1861-1865).
- Tennessee Heritage Protection Act: Tennessee state law (2013) to prevent removal or relocation of confederate memorials on public property.
- Tennessee River: a large tributary of the Ohio River
- Tennessee Titans: National Football League professional American football team in Nashville, Tennessee
- West Tennessee: The western third of the state of Tennessee, encompassing all 18 (of the state's 90) counties that lie between the Mississippi River and the lower part of the Tennessee River.
- Middle Tennessee: Add brief definition or description
- East Tennessee: Add brief definition or description
Towns and cities
- Chattanooga, Tennessee: City in the state of Tennessee, U.S.A., the site of some of the bloodiest battles of the American Civil War, and the subject of Glenn Miller's big band jazz standard, "Chattanooga Choo Choo."
- Jackson, Tennessee: Add brief definition or description
- Knoxville, Tennessee: Add brief definition or description
- Memphis, Tennessee: Add brief definition or description
- Nashville, Tennessee: The capital and most populous city of the U.S. state of Tennessee.
- Paris, Tennessee: A town of about 10,000 in West Tennessee; county seat of Henry County; has a 70' replica of the Eiffel Tower